I weighed this morning and while I pep talked myself all morning, I don't know that I was ready for it. I told myself over and over... ANY loss is success. And then I got on the scale. 244.4.. so 2 more pounds down, total of 7 pounds for the first week. And I was not excited. Content - it wasn't a gain. And I am maintaining a pound a day... but... damn expectations anyway.
So I have spent the past few hours pep talking myself... sometimes feeling ok sometimes just feeling flat. (It HAS been a very emotional 24 hours or so... so that is part of it I am sure.)
So what is my thinking on this loss??
Well it IS a loss and that is TRULY all that is important.
7 pounds in one week IS sticking with the desire.
I have to remember that I have made it one FULL week in a diet and I don't feel negative about the diet, I feel good, not hungry, believe I truly can do this for 33 more days....it just goes back to me being spoiled and wanting immediate gratification.
I want to celebrate the 7 pounds. I want to tell Jared, Carrie, Dave and Brenda, but I have told no one... guess that shows my dissappointment in myself. Which sucks because ANY loss is to be proud of and celebrated. sigh
Still working on the mind set I guess...
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment