Weights~

05/01/2010 251.4
05/02/2010 250.0
05/05/2010 246.4
05/08/2010 244.4
05/12/2010 239.0
05/13/2010 240.8 :-( Not a failure. A place to grow!!!
05/15/2010 240.4 BUT STILL STRONG!

05/18/2010 238.8 DISAPPOINTED
05/22/2010 238.4
05/23/2010 240.2
05/24/10 238.4



Starting Over!
07/03/10 247.4
07/10/10 236.6
07/11/10 234.4
07/23/10 239.2




Welcome

Welcome to the Journey that is to be the Next 40 Days of my Life. I am excited to be on this journey and if you are here then you are supporting me on the way. Pull up a chair, sit down and read away.



Friday, April 30, 2010

Getting Started

To get started I wanted to look at the areas in my life I want to change and how I am intending to go about them.

I tend to always want to change EVERYTHING. Heck, if I am going to be uncomfortable for a while, why not change it all??? And I often fail. Maybe not the best of plans. But, I do want this 40 days to RIP me out of an unhealthy comfort zone (rut maybe...) and help me start moving forward in my amazing life again!

OK. The basics are" 40 Day (Kickin' My) Boot Camp begins May 1st, 2010 and ends June 9th, 2010. 40 Days of Changing and Shaking my life....

The instigator for this was a diet that many of my friends have started called the HCG diet. I have done much research on it and feel very comfortable starting this diet. I was quite surprised when Jon enthusiastically came on board and said he wanted to do it too. So we ordered the drops and waited for them to come in the mail. I know that some of my weight loss friends will have the same initial reaction I had...this diet does WHAT???? (I will later write a post about what I have learned about this diet, but I am not going to go into it here.) so that is why I did the research I did. And I believe it... and I want to try it. Needless to say this diet runs 30-40 days depending on the individual. 40 is a biblical number and I have always liked the idea of certain things being 40 and it made sense to use this number and apply it to all I intend to change. (I keep feeling like this is lent... is lent 40 days??? Because I am giving up a, b, and c for lent (40 Days) ) LOL

So once the plan was made for 40 days of HCG I started thinking about other ways I have not physically taken care of my body. If I am trying to change my diet, should I not change other parts of my physical care too?? So, I am adding to this a health regime - meds (I am pretty good about this - well real good with morning and not as good with evening), oral hygiene (don't even want to talk about this, but I am NOT doing the fluoride treatments and my 6 month appointment is coming up and I HATE to be in trouble...) and I am not exercising as I should. Then I got thinking about planning to use the treadmill every day... and well... I could not figure out HOW I could ever come up with the time to do the treadmill... and then I thought about Facebook. Now, I LOVE FB and the games, but I can spend (easily) 4-5 hours a work night on the games and even more on my weekends. Yet, I don't have time for exercise, cleaning my house, scrapping, journaling....etc....hmmmm.... makes me think. So I spent some time pondering... COULD I even give up FB games? They are my entertainment, even at work. An outlet. And then a comment that "I" made in fun got a bigger reaction than I ever expected and it became a sort of challenge to myself to do this as well. I have to admit... I vacillated, thought about limiting the time, or allowing this or that... or.... but realized that it is to prove to me what matters and to rely on my core. So, I am giving up FB games for the 40 days with one exception (I know... here it comes...grin) There is a facet in Farmville (a dog that needs to be fed DAILY or he runs away and I paid good money for it!) and Paris just opened in Mafia Wars and is only open for 17 more days and I don't want to miss that. So, I am allowing 30 mins a day to do these simple tasks only... and not playing more than that. I almost think this will be harder than the diet... but more rewarding in the long run.

So, now I have the 2 big ones, diet and facebook, and it seems there are smaller facets that will fall in around those two. I am such an organizer. I think I feel i will be more successful when I am organized and have less chances of falling off the path. Here are the plans (subject to change, mind you)

Weighing: the HCG diet says to weigh every day. I have done this in the past and being an immediate results kind of gal this can be very good for me. But can also be frustrating for me if there are not great results, and really - what do I expect from a day??? So then I thought about once a week weighing. Willie and his wife don't own a scale so they go to the Dr's office to weigh and after the first week they had 17 and 14 pound weight losses. That would be AWESOME to see that number. But.... having a scale in my home, I know that it is hard for me to go a whole week, so the plan is to weigh Sat and Wed (twice a week). My rationale is that May 1st is a Saturday and we will get our starting weight and then Wed is the first day of my weekend so it seemed good. (first day of work week and first day of weekend) And then I realized that the last day, June 9th is a Wed, so that worked out perfectly. Jon said he plans to weigh daily. We have made a chart to post our results. (I LOVE charts grin) Excited to start showing littler and littler numbers on there. Facebook is shut off when I go to bed tonight. Other than my 30 minutes a day and I will use a timer if I need too.

Its getting closer... I am excited. Let the Boot Kickin' begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment